Guidance and counselling is an important educational tool in shaping the students for getting positive ideas and thoughts. Guidance and counselling provide a good basis for a broader education for life. It can be used as therapy for individuals with specific personal problems.
The Student Counsellor is to assist the students in moulding their future through counselling therapy. The Student counsellor is seen as a role model and highly respected by students. The counsellor by their training are expected to be friends with the school students, listen to the students' complains, shortcomings and offer guidance to the students in a quest of moulding the student in the right path in their life pursuit. Counselling and guidance can provide a good basis for a broader education for life.
1. To give the student information on matters important to success.
2. To get information about student which will be of help in solving his problems.
3. To establish a feeling of mutual understanding between student, teacher and parents
4. To help the student work out a plan for solving his difficulties.
5. To help the student know himself better his interests, abilities, aptitudes, and opportunities.
6. To encourage and develop special abilities and right attitudes.
7. To inspire successful endeavour toward attainment.
8. To assist the student in planning for educational and vocational choices.